Monday, April 28, 2008

On The Road Again

We stopped for the night on the west side of Denver, found a nice hotel, with nice, friendly staff (we'd stopped at quite a few trying to find one that had everything we needed at a decent price, and found some VERY rude hotel people!).

We then went to eat at Furr's - an all you can eat buffet. We got there just before they were about to put the food away, so we made sure to get plenty, since we wouldn't be able to go back for more. I think we got our money's worth!

And not all of the food is even visible in that picture - Rick had 2 full plates in front of him - the kids each had a little jell-o, a cup of peaches, and mac & cheese in front of them! It was pretty yummy - we all left quite full!

Then Sunday morning after a breakfast of cereal and waffles at the hotel we were on the road again. The kids had been up too late the night before so were still pretty tired (they have yet to learn the art of sleeping in!) Lots of movies and snacks made the drive go pretty smoothly!

Doesn't Gabriella just look exhausted?! Exhausted and totally zoned in on whatever movie was on at the moment!

William FINALLY zonked about an hour and a half before we got home! I love his messy chocolate pudding face!

Tabitha threw up - a lot - about 45 minutes after we left the hotel - not fun! That took about 1/2 an hour to stop and get everything cleaned up and carseats situated. But after that she was fine and happy as could be. Rick and I got a kick out of hearing her talking to herself and playing with her little dolls so happily.

And what is this, you might be asking. Some Midevil torture device? Nope - Rick was tired. VERY tired. And leaning the seat back made the kids complain that they couldn't see their movie hooked to the back of the seat. And a pillow in the window just didn't cut it. So, the genius handyman that he is, he used what he had available and got creative. (If you can't really tell by the picture, that is his belt strapped about his head and the headrest of the seat, holding his head in place) I had a good laugh - a very good laugh! And yes, he really was asleep - he slept that way about 45 minutes or so, until I had to make a stop for a potty break!


Roy & Karen said...

What a great way to start the day! Reading up on one of my favorite families and getting a chuckle out of some of the pictures. I'm glad you are home and safe and blogging again. I too learned I had a timer on my camera at Easter. See what we could have learned earlier if we had read the 100+ page book that came with the camera. . .

Rachel H. said...

That is incredibly funny--seriously!Your husband is a genius! :)

Now I've got to get caught up on all these comments before you go blog crazy again!

Anonymous said...

I love it!! way to go ricky!! I love the look on G's face!! What a fun time you had. Glad you are home now!!!

kelly said...

Very creative sleeping device! I think Rick should market that one. It looks like you had a great trip. I am dying to go on vacation. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. I haven't seen them since William was a baby. Cute blog Lisa!