Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday Morning

It's 9:49 am. And I really have nothing I have to do. Ok, sure, there are plenty of things I COULD do. Clean up the breakfast dishes. Throw in a load of laundry. Make my bed. Those kinds of things. But really I just. don't. want. to.
I feel a cold working its way into my system. Hubby's been all nasty & congested for over a week now. Bubba's had a runny nose for a few days. Guess as much as I tried to wash my hands a hundred times a day and stay away from the yucky germs, they still found me.
And so I sit here, catching up on a few blogs, the little 2 nicely playing and looking at books next to me. And I am grateful that today, right now, there is nothing that I just HAVE to do. No errands to run. No child to get ready for preschool or dance. No one expected over that I need to clean up for. No appointments to keep.
And so, for the first day this week, I am going to sit and enjoy being lazy, enjoy doing whatever I want, with no demands on my time.
I think I'll start reading to the Princess from the giant book of bugs & insects that she is looking at (yuck!) And maybe later I'll feel up to it and tackle that load of laundry. And maybe even pick up a few things. Maybe.

No comments: