Saturday, September 6, 2008

Randomness

Ok, so the kids are in bed - not all asleep yet, but in bed. And I am bored. So here is a bunch of randomness.

1 - I am listening to "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol. I have always loved it and was so excited when I finally figured out what it was called and who sang it. Don't ask me why - I just love it. I have listened to it probably 273 times in the last 2 days. A HUGE Thank You to Alaina for putting it on your blog playlist so I can easily listen to it over and over and over and over and over again!

2 - I feel like my speedo typing skills are suddenly coming back to me in the last few days! That probably means that I have been on the computer way too much. Not a good thing.

3 - 2 nights in a row without daddy at home is not fun for mommy. I can handle 1 overnighter fine, but when it gets to the 2nd night, and 2nd day in a row without him here at all, it just gets to wear a bit much on me.

4 - Why is it that when my hubby is gone - to work, a meeting, hunting (like now), whatever - that I want him here, but then when he is here and has been here for more than a handful of hours, I start to get annoyed with him? (Sorry honey, I really do love you lots!)

5 - I think as a mother, I have neglected William in ways. Nothing tragic - he's fed and clothed (today in a shiny satin, bright yellow princess dress and crown - very beautiful) - but it seems with Gabriella I spent so much time on things like numbers, letters, signing, etc, but with William there hasn't been much. I was so impressed with him today when he got a marker and pad of paper and started writing his letters - he only got to E without needing help and a few were backwards, but I was so proud of him. I guess he's picked up a lot of things from Gabriella.

6 - Speaking of William, he started preschool on Tuesday and is loving it! He loves his teacher - Mrs. G as he calls her - I guess GeAnna is a bit tough to remember.

7 - And I am pretty darn sure that I have spoiled Tabitha way too much! She has been my "baby" for 2 1/2 years and has definitely been babied - and I've loved it and I know she has, too. She is still such a cuddler and loves to give me hugs and kisses. Is it bad to say that of my 3, she has been my favorite baby? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying she is my favorite child, but those of you with more than 1 kid, do you agree that at stages you can have a favorite for that stage - if that makes sense? I'm sure that part of it comes from being home always (I worked very part-time with Gabriella as a baby and was working full-time when I had William) and also being a more experienced mom and feeling a lot more comfortable with what to do.

8 - I need to dust the ceiling down here - I am noticing some cobwebs hanging above my head!

9 - My hair desperately needs a trim! And I am so not a spend a lot of money on my hair type of person. I just found someone on craigslist offering free haircuts to new customers - might have to check it out!

10 - My big accomplishment today: I cleaned off and organized the computer desk! I must say, I am quite impressed with myself - it has really needed it - I even went to Office Max - my new favorite store of the week - and bought a few little office type things. It is now clean and organized and most everything has a place - hopefully I can keep it this way! ("A place for everything and everything in its place" - that was my hotel boss's quote - definitely something I need to work on and put into practice!)

The satin yellow dress - his favorite!

4 comments:

Alaina said...

Yay! I love random thoughts blogs! It's the quickest way to get to know someone (and inside their head) :)

Happy to post a blog playlist - glad you're getting good use of it!

I'm a huge fan of two-tone painted walls. Sort of boring, but a good upgrade from white - and not something you're pressured to change as times do.

Rachel Holloway said...

It must have been a good random thoughts night...glad to see you post about it. I have sure missed talking and communicating with you. I have wondered if I did something wrong. YOu have pretty much disappeared off the face of email/blog planet lately...

missed you...

hope you're back for good.

Anonymous said...

You are so funny!! I love all the ramdomness!! have fun cousin!

Alaina said...

I am definitely going to miss seeing William's choice of outfits every morning :)