Friday, August 15, 2008

The Children Were Nestled . . .

all snug in their beds! Hooray for early bedtimes!! Yes, sometimes I feel mean that my kids are the only ones in the neighborhood who go to bed while it is still light outside, but you know what? I need it, and they need it, too!

So it is just after 8 pm. There are 3 sleeping children. Rick is gone camping/hunting (cross your fingers for him! maybe this will be his first deer!) and I am going to do something I have not done in a long, long time. I seriously cannot remember the last time I have done this. I am going to sit and watch a movie - start to finish - by myself! Well, me and a bowl of cherry cordial ice cream, that is.

And no, I have not yet finished Breaking Dawn - only about 100 pages left (of 750!). Truly, I am just a bit nervous for the end - there is a big battle coming up and I just am not all that excited to read it and have it be done. And I've had this new Cary Grant movie that I have never seen, sitting on my dresser, still unopened for about 2 months now - I really need to watch it!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Wow, that sounds like a great way to spend a Friday night. I need some relaxation myself.

Rachel Holloway said...

Glad you are enjoying some time for you. You deserve it.

Christy said...

i hear ya on the early bedtime thing. sophie is so much happier when she goes to bed early, as am i. :) and that sounds like a fun night to yourself!