Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I'm Home!

I am back from being a full-time working mom to being a full-time stay-at-home mom! Wednesday last week was my last day, but starting Monday, I will go in for a few hours once a week and keep the filing, mailing, billing, etc. done. - and the kiddos can go with me.
I must admit, I can get pretty impatient at times with these kids - William and Tabitha can REALLY go at it! And I have wished that I was back at work, but I really am enjoying being home. I love that I can do dishes, laundry, sweep, mop, go grocery shopping, scrub toilets, and all the other mundane household chores during the day, and not spend all of my evenings doing that. My evenings can now be my own again for doing what I WANT to do, instead of what I HAVE to do. (Ok, so not saying that I do all of that all day long, but I am trying to keep up!)
There are also some bigger projects that have needed done for months that I am now trying to get done in the next few weeks! I've gotten all of my little boy clothes organized and boxed up (some were in boxes, some in a pile in my "messy room" and others William has more recently outgrown were tossed on the changing table.) and still needing to do all the little girl clothes! Today I spent a good part of the morning outside spraying dandelions! Our yard is really about 1/2 grass and 1/2 weeds and I HATE it! So I am hoping my efforts will pay off! It would be nice if it would rain Weed-B-Gone one night.
I am also excited to get back to doing some scrapbooking - my goal was to have each of my children's first year of life done by the end of the year and I think I've done 1 or 2 pages for each. And bow making! I want to make lots more pretty little hair bows for my girls! (yes Joy, I know I STILL owe you some!) And I told Gabriella I'd make her some cute pajamas. I really better get busy!
I am hearing lots of unhappy, yelling whiny voices from upstairs, so I guess my time here is done!

No comments: