Saturday, March 6, 2010

A little update

So just a little update on what we've been up to the last few weeks!

Gabriella and William had SEPs at school (parent/teacher conference) and they are both doing wonderfully! I do have some smart kids! Gabriella is reading WAY above the "normal" level and William AMAZES me at how good he is doing with his reading. They are both going to be playing soccer this spring and are so excited for it!

Tabitha is crazy as ever! I WISH I knew some trick to get her to sleep longer! She will NOT nap, but oh how she needs it! Some nites she plays in bed and isn't asleep until 8:30 or so, and then is up right about 6:30 every morning - sometimes earlier. And wakes me up. And I do NOT like being woken up that early - especially when I still have a baby waking me up at nite!

And oh how I LOVE that baby!! Jackson is now 9 months and 9 months has brought a LOT of new things all at once, and so suddenly (or so it seems!). I really do forget when new things are supposed to be happening and at what ages my other kids did things. If army crawling was an Olympic sport, Jackson would take the Gold - hands down! I know that none of my other kids did any army crawling, but he has been at it for at least 6 weeks now! And man can he move fast! Nothing is safe from him! In the last week he has learned how to sit up on his own (from a laying position), how to pull himself up standing in his crib, and he is working on teeth 4 and 5 coming in. I do NOT like his new little tricks of sitting up and standing up. The last week he has not wanted to sleep when it is nap time or bed time. He wants to sit up and stand up and play and then whine and fuss until someone lays him back down and then he screams! until he sits up again and then he plays and then he whines and fusses until we lay him back down again and then he screams and yeah - you get the picture! It has not been a very good week sleep-wise for our not-so-little Bubba. Until Daddy set up the pack-n-play yesterday. Brilliant! (ok, really, it was MY idea!) He goes right to sleep, nice as can be. Silly little boy of mine.

Rick has been LOVING being at home with the kids all week while I am working. (did you catch that sarcasm there?) I think the kids like having dad in charge instead of mom because dad doesn't make them clean their rooms and lets them have friends over every day, all afternoon. What a nice daddy he is! He did have a job interview last week that we are waiting to hear from and he has another job lead he is pursuing. Maybe, just maybe, we will get a job soon! He's been working out 5 days a week and is doing AWESOME!

I have really been enjoying my job. I'm now only working 4 days a week instead of 5, which has really been nice - I NEED that day to get things done! (though the paycheck isn't quite so nice) I've been doing my workouts at least 5 days a week as well. I haven't quit worked up to running those 3 miles at once yet, but I did push myself a few days ago and I did run/jog/walk it in MUCH better timing than before! Swimming is going SO much better for me, too. I'm still pretty slow, but feel a lot more confident in my skills.

Only 2 more weeks until The Icebreaker!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY for your update!

Rachel Holloway said...

It is SO exciting to hear from you! So many good things (minus Tabitha... jk)

Glad stuff is working out with work, and your training. I am so impressed with you!!